None of our websites, TheDogPlace, TheDogPress, TheJudgesPlace etc. ever sell or share user information with anyone. Period. Effective February 1998 through today's date.
COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We want to make your online experience both satisfying and safe. Above all, we believe that your information belongs to you, and you should have knowledge of and control over, how and when it is used.
In order to provide optimum services, we gather minimum information about our users. This easy to understand privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it. It is a useful reference document with which to compare other complex "privacy statements" which are often just a smoke screen to make you think your information is private.
INFORMATION WE GATHER AND TRACK
The ii NetPlaces Network (quick peek) websites gather two types of minimal but standard user information:
1. Information that you provide through optional, voluntary submissions in order to receive our electronic newsletter, become a Charter Member, paid subscriber, or make a credit card purchase.
2. Information gathered through automated, aggregated tracking of page views. This allows us to better tailor content to readers' needs and to help sponsors understand the needs and demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances do we divulge any information about any individual.
We gather Voluntary User Information to facilitate the following services and Processes:
1. Free HEADlines, Charter Membership, Insider subscription or purchases.
2. Free Forums for which Users must register and maintain current contact information.
3. The Dog-e-Book, a free phone book / yellow pages service. You decide whether your phone number is visible and we automatically hide/embed your email address so companies that harvest such information are blocked. Most sites don't bother. One major show entry site even made non-listed phone numbers and other very private information visible until we notified their webmaster.
4. ThePollingPlace - interactive polls or surveys designed to allow users to share their opinions and/or vote on important issues and to participate in various Awards systems initiated on this site. Responses are aggregated, no voter is individually identifiable. The software "tags" users after they have voted so that they can vote only once on a particular question.
Children - Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Usage tracking - We sometimes track and catalog the search terms that users enter in our Search function but that is never associated with individual users. We use such information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those sections. We do not track what individuals read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us build a better service for you.
We use the most up-to-date secure (SSL) credit card processing.
We do NOT share mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or affiliates.
We will not disclose any information about any individual except to comply with applicable law.
We operate secure data networks protected by the best industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
* Opting not to receive electronic newsletters or notices.
* Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
Thank you for visiting. We work hard to provide a safe place for your use and enjoyment.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, email
Copyright © 1998 NetPlacesNetwork.com https://www.netplacesnetwork.com/Privacy.asp rev/62020